Friday, June 3, 2011

Are there any military spouses on here who's loved one has gone overseas?.......LRMM?

My husband and I have three children and everytime he leaves it seems to get that much harder on the kids and me. My husband has been in the service for 18 years,we have two teenagers and a 5 year old. The two older kids know the drill when Dad goes overseas but, it's a little hard for the 5 year old. He knows that Dad is gonna be gone for a long time so,I keep him busy alot to keep his mind off it. The Military Base here is great.

The base has a program where they watch the kids one saturday a month for how ever many months your spouse is overseas.(GIVE PARENTS A BREAK) It is wonderful. They also change the oil in your car,check the fluids,and the tires. There are a lot of guys and gals overseas at this moment and I wanted to let there spouses know, they are not the only ones out there. Hang in there.........LRMMAre there any military spouses on here who's loved one has gone overseas?.......LRMM?Im 33 and have been married 16 years, my husband has been in the Army 14 years and we have a 15 year old son. My husband is currently in Iraq andI cant wait until he is back. Our post does all that stuff here too...in the winter they do a whole check on our vehicles to make sure everything is ok. Plus we get free bowling hours on every wed. and free lunches , and alot more stuff. Our px / commissary parking lot has put up Deployed spouses parking spaces in the front of the lot. I could go on about the benefits.Are there any military spouses on here who's loved one has gone overseas?.......LRMM?My boyfriend goes over seas for 6months every year. The first time he left it was difficult I had to seek counseling. I am doing alot better.. he is home now but I think he goes back over sometime next year...I am not looking foreward to it.