Friday, June 3, 2011

For the car nuts out there: hear me out...?

I used to be the kind of guy that would take his car to get the oil changed, paid to have someone hook up a car stereo, etc. Pretty much helpless. After realizing I didn't want to be that kind of guy anymore, I started doing research, and got my hands some experience. Starting small with changing oil, my tires and other things of less notable mention.



What a really want to do is build my own car. Not just any car, but MY car. To drive down the highway at 150 mph, knowing it is this fast because of your hands and time. Knowing that every piece of this car works in perfect unison because of your dedication.



It is almost like the car is yourself, changed from a heap of junk into a machine that tears off highway concrete behind the wheels. That is what I want to do. The car I would like to transform would be a 1997 Toyota Supra.



I have a 2JZGTE engine with 30,000 miles on it that I got from Japan. However, I do not have the body. I was looking for salvaged Supras and I came across a site known as AutoSource.biz.



They have some Supras that are in pretty good condition, considering they are salvaged. The frames aren't bent, and that is what I need: a good frame to start. I have been told by some of my friends that I have no idea what I am getting myself into, which I don't. However, if I don't get into it, I will never know what it was I could have gotten into.



To undergo despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience. They told me that if I am serious enough, they would help me build it. One has been raised around cars his whole life. He has a degree in auto mechanics. The other is very life experienced in general. So, I feel that this will be an awesome project. No, I am not loaded with cash, but I do understand how long this project could endure.



So, is AutoSource.biz a good site to look? What are some other good sites for salvaged Supras? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.For the car nuts out there: hear me out...?Supra?

Oh well, not everyone loves the classic muscle cars.



Try craigslist.org

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1278

I like the older ones. 1985.

Or this one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/1273For the car nuts out there: hear me out...?check the better business bureau, you sound inspired keep goingFor the car nuts out there: hear me out...?idk alot of readingFor the car nuts out there: hear me out...?very few people want to go through the trouble and money, after you are done, some thug will steal it for parts. say bye bye