Friday, June 3, 2011

Do car repair garages & Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?

lol just asking because most women know about as much as I do on cars - and thats Jack ! ^^



all i know is how to fill the oil,water, change a tyre, do the air pressure, replace a clutch/ clutch cable, replace a damaged alternator, repair the breaks and I guess I might as well cut the b/s and admit I rarely ever take my car to a garage lol.



this leads me to believe most women can be conned into paying to get their car maintained and road worthy. I bet some of you had a broken wind screen wiper and had nervous break downs - and paid a fortune for a replacement ? Or maybe one frosty cold morning you tried to start your car - flooded the battery, started hyper ventilating and broke a nail and cried ? its okay it happens to women. I understand these things. lol.



what do u lot think ?



Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their from women customers ?Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?We certainly don't make the bulk of our money from women. I work in an independent tyre/exhaust fast-fit centre and we never %26quot;up-sell%26quot; to our customers, male or female. We have no targets to reach and our wages are not commission based so we don't have the incentive to do so that some garages do.



In fact, we offer free tyre-pressure checks and oil/water/screenwash fill-ups to lots of the local old ladies (and men too!). I'm sure we could charge for the liquids and time but it's part of that old-fashioned tradition called %26quot;customer service%26quot; - and our customers come back time after time.



And for the record, lots of our male customers panic, too! In fact, they're generally the first to start hyperventilating if they've got a flat battery or a deflated tyre. Something to do with lack of patience, I think ;)Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?No I believe there are just as many sissy men who are afraid to get dirty who take em to the Garage.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?no most mechs make their money from guys who think they know how to fix a carDo car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?I rebuilt the engine on my first car after the head gasket blew. If you can read a Haynes Manual then you can do basic car maintenance. Most people of both genders just can't be bothered or don't have the time, and that's entirely up to them.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?I'm sure garages try it on with customers who give the impression they are not knowledgeable about cars.



I doubt they make the bulk of their money from women though.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?I work in the motor industry and through my experience. It doesnt matter if your a male or female. Garages aim to make money no matter who you are. Thats the nature of business. If a business doesnt make money then there's no business.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?Its funny how you know how to do all this stuff...but yet you're grammar really sucks. It's not tyre...its tire. Its not breaks...its brakes. And I don't know how in the world you can flood the battery. I know you can flood the engine...but NOT the battery. Funny how you can understand these things...has it happened to you?Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?not with me they dont because i work in a garage, im a qualified sprayer, estimater and parts person, and to be honest most women who are worried about being conned normally take a bloke with them or just make their partners sort it out!Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?There are dishonest mechanics out there who try to make money off of anyone who is ignorant about vehicles. They make us all look bad.



Some people think they are being cheated because they don't understand what the garage is doing, and the repair is more expensive then they hoped. I try to educate people about what I'm doing, but some of them, even highly educated people, just have no grasp of how machines work.



Women may be a little less knowledgeable about cars, but it is pretty much gender equal now.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?If they did they wouldn't last 5 mns in business.My family have been in the motor trade for over 100 years,starting with my great grandfather who manufactured motorcycles when William Morris later Lord Nuffield was still making push bikes.We had very few women customers who came alone to the garage most sending a man with the car and if they did come to the garage they were treated the same as every customer with respect and understandingDo car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?For Moises or whatever, this query is from UK so we spell it tyres. To be fair we also use brakes so this person has some spelling issues. However, I think it splits down - some garages exploit those with no knowledge. They do this at their peril because they don't know who is behind these people - eg my wife is not too good on these things but I'm ok. On balance if a garage wants to keep customers they need to be honest. My daughter has found one that is (she's not a mechanic either) and they are going to get all her custom for ever.Do car repair garages %26amp; Mechanics make the bulk of their 拢拢拢 from women customers ?I do all my business with my dealer, who sold me my truck without jacking up the price on me because I'm a woman and who takes care of many maintenance things free because I bought the truck there. They have a comfortable waiting room, too--which is usually filled with men.



It's just not worth it to do your own repairs these days, especially when you don't have a house with a garage.



When I sold my last vehicle, I got a very good deal because it was all dealer maintained.



And I know how to take care of my fluids and change my own tire and such.