Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What does it mean when you need to replace your tire tread?

I just got an oil change and they said I need to replace 3 tired becuase of existing tire tread less than 2/32nds of an inch. I have no idea what that means, and they say I have an uneven tire tread. Can I still drive the car or will my tires blow up? He just said that I can be pulled over, he didnt say anything about tires blowing. So how much more can I drive my car before the tires blow? I drive 45 minutes on the highway everyday so this really concerns me, I dont want to get in a wreck on there cause of this.What does it mean when you need to replace your tire tread?Simply, your tires are worn out and getting to the point of being dangerous. You need new tires! Replace all 4 at one time and keep the best of the old 4 for a spare.

Consider how much cheaper a set of tires will be rather than an ambulance and hospital bill, should one of them blow and cause you to wreck.

Better safe than sorry!What does it mean when you need to replace your tire tread?Well the tread on your tire gives you traction on various surfaces and in various weather so the less you have the less safe your vehicle becomes in different driving situations. Dry traction can actually improve when the tires are starting to bald, but in rain or snow your car will have much less control and traction. They pretty much told you that you need new tires, and you do, so get them.