Monday, October 24, 2011

Fired from Wal-Mart. Unfair Termination?

I have been working at walmart for almost 2 years until yesterday i was fired for stealing company time. On saturday april 4th,2010 i was scheduled to work at 7AM and i got to work at about 7:02 AM only to realize that i had forgotten my name badge. I, pulling into the parking lot realized i didnt have it and just hauled *** back home to go get it. Well when i came back i parked at the automotive side parking lot because i needed 2 tires mounted on my car.



i was 24 minutes late coming back so i went inside and clocked in. I then went to the time adjustment computer and went to do a time adjustment. When you do a time adjustment the computer askes for a reason and i chose the %26quot;Forgot Badge%26quot; option. I always thought we could do this and had done it numerous times before not knowing that i was stealing company time. So i changed to time from 7:24AM to 7:00AM because i thought thats what we had to do since personnel had told me i could do it a while back i didnt think nothing wrong of it. So i changed my time went back to the auto department and had my vehicle written up for the tire mount. I worked as a tech there so i just watched the other guy work on my car since we cant work on our own vehicles.



Well yesterday i was pulled into the office by my department manager and he started asking me why i did a time adjustment. I explained to him why i did it. He didnt really care about my explanation and just told me %26quot;Well i have been givin orders to terminate you because you stole company time%26quot;. He said it was gross misconduct or something like that. I was upset and i asked him for what? %26quot;I didnt mean to do it and its only 24 minutes!! I am sorry and i honestly didnt mean to do it%26quot; and he said %26quot;i understand but stealing company time is just like stealing produce%26quot;. So i was terminated basically for being a theif and stealing 24 minutes of walmarts time...that is $4.20 worth...what a bunch of jerks!! i am a good worker and always knew how to treat my customers. I always gave my job my 110% and never got in trouble or had problems. I asked him %26quot;Well then why is there a Forgot Badge option on the time clock adjustment screen then?%26quot; he said that that was for people that %26quot;lost%26quot; their badge. And he gave me a stupid explanation. He was stuttering and you could tell he was having a hard time finding words and explaining his wack explaination and his face was red. He basically said the forgot badge option is if u %26quot;loose%26quot; your badge and they have to make you a new one. Since when is %26quot;Forgot%26quot; and %26quot;Lost%26quot; the same thing?



Well i talked to the assistant manager and he agreed that it was a stupid reason to fire someone and he said if he could he would reverse the termination process but that he couldnt because his boss(District manager,Marketing managers) had made the decision to fire me. He was about to give me the DM's cell number but then decided not to and i told him just to give me the office number because i dont want to get anyone in trouble. He gave me the office number and told me good luck and that they would be more than happy to recieve me back if the DM approved the termination reverse process. So i know they legally fired me but i have seen them give white people so many chances. I also learned that my friend, also hispanic like me was fired for the same thing. I have seen white workers do worse things. For example a hispanic worker in the tire and lube drove a car out of the bay that a white worker had forgotten to close the hood all the way...well when the hispanic guy went to park the vehicle the hood flew open and got damaged. The hispanic worker got fired because he was driving the vehicle and the white worker was givin 2 options...either he had to quit or move to another department....well he moved over to another department and still has his job...



I swear this store is unfair and i could almost say they have racial problems. I loved my job very much. I got along with everyone and always made sure my customers were satisfied. If i was asked to stay longer to help when we were short handed i always stayed. I also worked sales associate, service writer and tech all at the same time and wasnt even payed for being a tech..yet i was certified! i was the onyl service writer that was certified to work on cars. I never complained about it.Fired from Wal-Mart. Unfair Termination?In most states, every employee can be terminated %26quot;at will%26quot; without a legitimate reason HOWEVER, your having clocked in and not being present on premise, would have been reason to terminate you in the Hospital that I am employed.



Technically, the minute you clock in your employer could be responsible for you and anything that happens to you like a car wreck etc., could indicate you were on Company business when in fact you were not. The liability on your employers part is very great in situations like this.Fired from Wal-Mart. Unfair Termination?I know its hard to be fired and u think its unjust but in most states like said above they can fire u at will so basically, if they don't like the way u smell then they can fire u just as long as its not do to discrimination, i do personally think that the reason for firing u was justified because u were not at work on time and u clocked in and change the time and even though u were still late u went ( on company time) and checked ur car in for service. small things that we do may not seem big to us but to a company are very very important. i do hate to hear of a person losing there jobs and im sure there was a better way of handling that but they did what they thought was best. the bottom is u did in fact kinda cheap the system i would go as far as firing u for theft, and in most places u would be terminated. the worst mistake u can make is playing the victim u know what u did ( u don't deny that) and pulling the race card will just look like ur trying to justify what u did and just because ur of an ethnic race then ppl should turn the other cheek to your simple mistake. im sure there was more to the %26quot;white%26quot; person story then u are aware of. and as for ur friend again ppl should always admit fault when u are working i think its important to check over stuff that some one does Just to make sure ur butt is covered and it would fall on ur friend for the hood because the car was no long the other guys responsibility, as soon as ur friend got the keys he should have gave it a once over to ensure every thing was ok. and i was just wondering how fast was he Driving to make the hood of a car fly up and cause damage? because at my walmart u don't drive far at all and there's no way a hood could come up in the short distance that they take it to part it for the customer.. but who knows i do hope every thing works out for u if u don't get ur job back here im sure another company will be more then happy to have u as an employee.. one last thing if u can get proof of all the other times they let other ppl get away with what u got fired for then i would def use it have theft on ur record is hard to recover from... best of luck