Monday, October 24, 2011

How can I fix these problems with my 94 Cadillac Deville?

I have a 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours that I've been driving for 7 years. It now has close to 190k miles on it and still runs great. I just have a few questions that I wanted to try to get sorted out.



1)When I turn left at high way speeds it makes a moaning sound. It gets worse the faster you go and only happens when I turn left. It isn't the tire rubbing on anything and my mechanic is clueless as to what it is. Any ideas?



2)Just recently when I try to use the %26quot;auto%26quot; button for the climate control in the car it gives me a message %26quot;low refrigerant%26quot; %26quot;ac compressor off%26quot;. I checked the refrigerant with a gauge and it is fine. So I don't know what is really wrong with that.



3)I used to get good gas mileage and it would display that I am getting 22 MPG. Now it is about 17.7 MPG. My driving habits have not changed. I know the car has high mileage, but is there anything I can do to regain my mileage? I have changed the air filter, fuel filter and plugs and wires. I was thinking about trying some Sea Foam in the Intake, Gas Tank, and Oil since I had great success with that in another car of mine. I am just a little afraid to use it on this car because of the high miles. I don't want to free up any carbon that might be preventing leaks. What do you guys think?



Thank you very much for your time and answers. I love my caddy and want to keep it on the road for many more miles.How can I fix these problems with my 94 Cadillac Deville?I would start with a compression and vacuum test. As far as the moaning sound goes I would need some more information. When it is cold or hot or does it matter? Does it make noise when you sit still

or only at high speeds? Is it a whining from your power-steering or a rubbing from a broken motor/transmission mount? As far as the AC goes there is more to the system then just pressure. It needs to be checked for blockage, bad low pressure high pressure switches, a small orifice that acts as a filter could be plugged. And in the Caddy the controls are run by vacuum.