Monday, October 24, 2011

Okay i wrote this essay and wanted a second opinion on it (any help would be appreciated)?

okay this is a this i believe essay i wrote and i wanted a second opinion on it and if there are any mistakes or revising to be made any help would be appreciated



A long time ago, I learned that knowledge was the most important attribute in life, a precious gift which opens new doors, and a brighter future.



When I was a small child, I learned firsthand of a life without knowledge can be. It was the beginning of winter and my dad and I were driving to downtown Phoenix, and as my dad was making a hard right turn, and then came a loud shrilling sound. I first thought we hit something. Then realized we had a flat tire. My father pulled the car over, and told me to stay put in the car. I however had other ideas, and the moments my father was busy fixing the tire. I opened the door, and started exploring, and I happened to stand upon a homeless man. I was both nervous and curious, and I immediately asked him why he was living on the street. He replied to me the answer which changed my thought on knowledge forever. He told me because he had no knowledge to do anything to do anything else, and told he wished he could redo his life.



Years later, when I started understanding more, I came across a quote which held me on strong. I was not unable to forget the rest of my life these two quotes of Carlos Castaneda: A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it will live to regret his steps.

ALEXANDER POPE: A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. I first couldn檛 understand these two quotes. They both seemed to be saying the opposite of each other, one was saying knowledge was good, and one saying it was bad. Then I started thinking hard about these quotes, and started understanding. IN life not knowing will only give you problems, like eating something without the knowledge that it can cause great harm. And in life knowing to much will make you sorrow, and depressed forever, like knowing the date of your death.



Lastly, the time I actuality experienced of what knowledge can get you. I was 14 years old, and it was the summer before I went to High school, and I thought it be a good idea to see how I could do on an interview for a job. I was not going to actuality thinking of getting a job, just wanted to see how I handled myself on applying for a job. I applied for position of a manager for Target. I applied, and took on an interview, and in that moment, when the interviewer asked me questions of my skills. I found out how important knowledge could be, and I wasn檛 chosen for the position, due to my knowledge and experience. I found out that knowledge shows where you belonged, and what you can do.



I have used the value of knowledge in my life to succeed, and do well. I can not believe how my life would have turned out if I didn檛 recognize the value of knowledge.Okay i wrote this essay and wanted a second opinion on it (any help would be appreciated)?um its good except in the fisrt sentece:When I was a small child, I learned firsthand of a life without knowledge can be. it should be: i learned firsthand of what a life without.



hope i helped!