Thursday, September 22, 2011

For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?

Don't bother with saying, If you are thinking about buying a Lexus, you should be able to maintain it. If not, shop for something else.



I love the Lexus IS design, both outside and inside. And I'd love to get myself one of these beautiful cars. However, before I take one of these cars in my driveway, I want to make certain I am not making a mistake.



These are the questions I want you to answer:



1. I heard the price for one tire is $300... Is this true? If no, how much does one of these tires cost?



2. I heard the price for oil change is $110. If this is not true, how much does it cost you for oil change?



3. I heard if either the front bumper or rear bumper needs replacement, the cost would be $5000. If this is not true, how much do you think a bumper replacement should cost?



4. Although the amount you pay for car insurance is based on your driving history, I heard that the quality of a car does play a major role. I am 27. So, in your opinion, how much do you think I will pay for car insurance for the 06 Lexus IS 250? My driving history has a clean record. I have yet to receive a ticket.



5. What other things I need to know about owning one of these cars?



Please answer my question.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?I dont know the actual costs but my mom has one and I can tell you my point of view.

A Lexus is a great investment. Ours is in good condition after seven years of tedious driving back and forth to the city. They don't break down too easily though when you do have a problem, its major and hard to fix because parts aren't too easy to find and very expensive. Once you get it fixed, its as good as new again. I hope you love yours as much as my mom loves hers! :)



You don't have to get the best gas or the best tires. We make a yearly trip to Discount Tires and get a $20 dollar oil change every 6 months. As for gas, we deal with the regular ol' unleaded. Now we have so many miles on our little hoopdee that its worth nothing at a trade in but it works great to be so old (1997).For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?my friend had an IS 350, he said it was qite expensive to maintain, its not the type of car you can work on yourself or just take to an auto, pretty much everything has to be done at the dealer, it cost him about $1000 for each back tire and $500 for each front but those were racing tires so regular im sure are less, he said brakes were not cheap other and im not sure about cost for other things.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?You don't have to go lexus dealer when you buy it new. if you can do the basics, such as changing the motor oil, coolant, differential oil, tranny oil, air filter, and rotate the tires. You can save a lots. or if you can't do it yourself go to the local mechanic and start to build a relationship.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?Lexus are cheaper to maintain then American cars, because Lexus never brakes down. How many Lexus's have you seen broken down on the road? NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!



Support the American economy and by from an American Lexus dealer!!! Its good for the ecnomy. It supports Americans. And it creates jobs for Americans. Yes we can!!!For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?My ex-bf has a Lexus and also a Niece had one and yes it is very expensive to keep up and for original parts. Gas costs more cause you need to use the best there is possible. but for more info I would google it and see what comes up ...lots of info there. Yes they are beautiful cars but I wouldn't get one just because its so expensive to keep up.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?TIP: Expensive cars are expensive to maintain. Cheap cars are cheap to maintain.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?lexus only a lit bit more than a toyota, compare to benz and bmw lexus is the best unless u bought benz/bmw new they will have bumper to bumper but overall lexus is pretty cheapFor Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?I'll answer each of your questions in order:



#1. No. It depends on the tire make and model you want. You can get the same size tire but they will vary in price depending on the manufacturer and tread.



#2. Yes and no. We have a 2008 Lexus ES 350 and our dealer suggest to get the 5,000 mile service that includes the oil change. The 5,000 mile service is $110. However this is not required. If you just get the oil change it will be about $75.



#3. This will vary on the severity of your accident. Most of the times minor fender benders are repairable and do not require you to replace the bumper. However if you get into such a severe accident where your bumper must be replaced there might be frame damage which will cost a lot to repair on any car.



#4. This also varies depending on your insurance company, type of coverage you want, and where you live. Why not ask your insurance agent for a free quote? Or better yet call other insurance companies and ask for their quotes.



#5. The IS is a great car. If you've never owned a luxury car then you may think the maintenance is expensive, however Lexus' are usually cheaper to maintain than other European cars.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?I've owned a 1999 LS400 for 4 years now, and I haven't paid for a single things but oil changes (Which cost about $30- price of synthetic oil and filter and I do myself) and new tires ($320 with an alignment). The 4.0 V8 gets 23mpg tank average Everything else has been flawless and nothing has ever broken. The depreciation has been minimal too. This car has been an economy car in every since of the word.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?DO NOT go to the stealership.



1. Dude, discount tires, my tires are 3 fold better then the stockies are and for a $100 less per tire.



2. Midas, Jiffy Lube, hell I change my own oil.



3. Just go to a reputable shop in your area no more than say $3k. (or if your like me, try on new bumper skirts and lips.)



4. Get a quote online there pretty accurate.



5. There really reliable, last forever and are not that %26quot;exciting%26quot; for us car enthusiasts but they are B-E-A-U-tiful to look at.For Lexus owners: Is it expensive to maintain a Lexus?Lexus are kind of expensive to maintain. But, on the bright side, you will hardly ever have to take it in. I have had mine for 4 years and i have never had to take it in for a problem.



The price of the tires depends on the size, quality, etc. The oil will not cost $110, maybe $40. And, to be honest, $5k for a new bumper sounds about right. well... may be a little less, like 3k.



Hope this helps.



p.s. Please don't go buy an incredibly cheap car just because maintenance is cheaper. Be smart and buy a good low maintenance car(i.e. Lexus) that way you don't have to worry about it so much.