Monday, September 19, 2011

Guys/ladies, how would you go about approaching talking to your ex, if you're ready, who dumps you for another

Okay so me and my ex were seriously together for over two years. When we first met everything seemed to be going okay. I admit sometimes I acted like a child and gave in too much. I gave everything I had into this relationship, and so did she. But after over a year things seemed to change for my ex-gf. (Broke up with me once, shame on me) She started telling me how to run things, what to do (like I was a child), pressuring me to get her a promise/committment ring. I gave everything she wanted all the love and support, but at the same time, she didn't know what she wanted in life and didnt seem to return all the feelings. (Broke up with me twice, shame on her) During that last year she had denied me as a bf, while she was on a solo trip to Vegas, always begged for me to come over to her place when she knew I was working, tried to change who I was as a person. She is the type of person that argues a lot, and is afraid to get criticized when someone criticizes her. So I got tired one day, about 4 weeks ago, chewed her out a little bit for telling me how to run my life, left my car in tears. Before that I give her the option of breaking up w/ me. So then, two weeks later, she calls me up twice in one week, one for something different another day she needed help with something, in which I think she was setting me up for something and she says shes just checking on me. But I told her I couldnt help her since I was busy with a friend that day. So then a week later, my best friend tells me she has a new boyfriend, which we and our neighbors know this is a rebound bf. I have told her that I don't want any contact from her til she grows up. Sometimes, I feel this is my fault completely, and that I gave in too much throughout the last year, and for standing up to her like that on that very last day. And again, last night she called to check up on me and asked me if I was ready to be friends w/ her. This is the third time in four weeks that she has called to check up on me, and she kept saying to me she thought I was going to call her. I dont wanna be rude but I believe in not contacting her, but I'm the one that waits for her to call and like a DAMN FOOL I always pick up just to see what she wants, nothing more. And everytime I pick up the phone, I always keep it brief. First time she called after our breakup it was for something different. Second time that she called, I mentioned to her that I was in class and that I had a 'date' to prepare for. And she gave me a SURPRISED %26quot;Oh.....I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I was just checking on you%26quot;. Was that childish of me to do that, tell her what I'm doing? I realize it was, but I think I did it out of anger, even though I did have a date. Any opinions? Third time, she called called me in the afternoon while I was at work. And again, she said %26quot;Hey, what are you doing%26quot; (very softly). So I responded, %26quot;I'm busy right now, what do you want?%26quot;. She says %26quot;I'm just checking on you, are you ready to be friends?%26quot;. I didn't give her a straight yes or no answer. I may never give her a straight answer. Tell me if I'm wrong to do that. But anyways, if she does call again, I will just simply say %26quot;Listen, I'm busy%26quot; or %26quot;I've got company over, right now. MAYBE I'll talk to you l8r%26quot;. That third time, she had asked if I'm ever going to call her, because she said %26quot;I thought YOU were going to call me when you are ready?%26quot; And this was only 4 weeks after she broke up with me. I'm not ready, but I feel that she is rushing me when she says that. Yes, I did tell her I may call her. Now when I said that and she may have waited, am I playing mind games with her or not? Because it seems like she may be expecting my call at anytime. Now my friend says that he saw on her myspace profile that she feels loved. I am assuming and know this is from her rebound boyfriend. Is that possible to feel love from a rebound boyfriend after only 4 weeks of her breaking up with me? And why would she be trying to call me three times within the last four weeks, just to simply check up on me while she had the nerve to ask if she wanted to be friends w/ me? Even if she has a bf now, I do have the urge to call her, but I always have to fight it off now. Anyways, its been over a month and a half now, and I sent her a letter, stating, that although she hurt me, I never hurt her, and that I still care for her and that I will call her when I AM ready.. Anyways, guys/ladies any suggestions on how I can approach my ex and, break the ice, talk to her and what to say to her? MAYBE start being friends w/ her and see where this goes. And any suggestions what to say, that will make her want to call me again? Though it will be her choice. I guess I'm gonna have to break my own %26quot;no-contact%26quot; rule. I'm 30 and my ex is 25Guys/ladies, how would you go about approaching talking to your ex, if you're ready, who dumps you for anotherbrother, i read your whole story. been there. but i can tell you one thing for sure, from experience, that you already answered your own question. the only way to get near her again is to rebuild the friendship that drew you two together in the first place. be her friend only, and back her on everything she chooses to do. even if that means her temporarily dating another. become her best friend in the whole world again and she will gravitate back to you. be patient brother, and i wish you the best.