Thursday, September 22, 2011

Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?

This will be my first car, and I found one that I like, but I had a few questions. If anyone has one, please tell me about your experience with it! I found a 2007 Scion tC and it seems to be good.



I was going to get anywhere from a 2007 to a 2009, I guess it doesn't matter much as long as it doesn't cost too much. But I was reading reviews and people said that the engine is horribly loud when you get to high speeds. Is that true? Because it's a 4 cylinder engine, so it should be too bad. Someone said that if they made the tires a 16%26quot; instead of 17%26quot; it would quiet it down a bit.



If I end up getting the car, can I change that if it works? I was thinking of changing the rims to a corvette chrome type anyway. People have also said that the sunroof and rear windows make noises when you go fast.. I'm not sure if that's true or not either.



I found one that's a coupe, which I guess is good because my mom said the hatchback's gas tanks are in the back and if you get hit you could die easily... Which I don't know if that's true on the newer cars, but either way. Is the backseat and trunk space really that small on the coupe version? I heard yes, which I doubt I would have a lot of people in there anyway. Probably my dog. I%26quot;d get her a doggy seatbelt and be cool like that :)



Also, how much would it change the car if I put in a 6 cylinder in it? And how much would that cost? I don't know if it's worth it. But I was going to get a 1995 Pontiac trans am. It's a beauty, but I'm leaning more towards the Scion, so it's kinda a big change for me to choose a 4 cylinder over an 8 cylinder.



Is the Scion an overall good car?

And I'm going to learn to use a stick shift from my stepdad, so is it easy to shift on the Scion? Like does it glide easily?



Oh, and can I plug in my ipod to the car? I have an ipod and a zune, and I'm just making sure I can use it in the car, cause if I can't I'd change the sterio system in the car.Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed,

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was shootin at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.



Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.



Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said %26quot;Jed move away from there%26quot;

Said %26quot;Californy is the place you ought to be%26quot;

So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.



Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.



Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.

And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.

You're all invited back a gain to this locality

To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality



Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?NOO!!!!!!

sniffle, get the T/A



pontiac put LS1's in Trans Ams...



ls1...THATS A CORVETTE ENGINE!!!



**** a scion...

get the T/A



An Ls1 is not your normal v8...

its a big block baby

5.7...

*drools on keyboard*

and they dont make firebirds and camaros anymore...



20-25 years your car becomes a classic...

gas mileage is descent of f bodys too...

its going to be worth something in a few years and it can still haul some ***Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?im getting that car too...its guna be 08 or 09..

i drive automatics cnt help u about the shift

and i never heard of the loudness of the car...

maybe if ur racing but not regular highway speeds and street speeds

and they are all coupes

and the scion tc is the biggest coupe u will find

it has lot of room in the trunk and backseat..

the backseats are reclinable making it more comfortable for the back passengers

so overall id say yes its a good carQuestions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?My parents got me the tc last july and it was my first car as well, and I am really happy with it.

I have never had a problem with the loud noise when going at high speeds, the engine is pretty quiet in fact.

The sunroof does rattle a bit if it is all the way open while you are driving, but it is not something that is bothersome and if you have th e radio on you can hardly hear it.

The backseat is surprisingly really spacious and roomy and the trunk is an adequate size; however the backseats would probably be uncomfortable for someone over 6 feet.

Can't help you much on the engine, and mine is an automatic so I don't know that one either.

Yes, you can plug in your ipod to the car. It has an aux connection in the storage compartment between the passenger and driver's seat.

Overall, the tc is a really great car that has a nice look to it and is a lot of fun to drive.

However, your best bet is to just go into a dealership and have a salesguy explain all the specifications about the car to you and take it for a test drive, then you can see for yourself f if you like it and how the ride is.

Good Luck.Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?1) with most cars, it'll be somewhat loud in the cabin when you reach speeds of up to 75+mph.

2) engine swapping a 4 cylinder with an 8 is not a good idea, the engine bay isn't big enough, plus you'd ahve to rewire the car, reinforce the tranny, etc. there's a LOT of work into doing something like that, and that'll cost a lot of money.

3) 4 cylinders generally get better gas mileage than a v8.

4) it's not that small, plus you can fold down the back seat.

5) replacing the rims will not lead to a quieter ride, especially with some rims that are bigger.

6) ride quality also depends on the struts/shocks and springs.Questions about the Scion tC; If you have one, can you answer some questions about it?Well first, i support your choice of the scion over the trans. Yes it is a great car, but insurance will kill you. The scion is reliable. After all it is built by toyota so it will be a good car for you. The trunk and rear seat are not extremely small. However, it is a coupe, but it will get the job done. I haven't heard anything about the engine noise, but i can't imagine that it would be too terrible. I'm pretty sure you can plug your ipod into the pioneer sound system, but you still may consider getting a different head unit. I highly recommend alpines. The shifting should be easy, after al it is a 4cylinder and the brand is targeted for young adults. Hope this helps! Enjoy it.