Monday, September 19, 2011

In a rut, would like to escape, but money is standing in the way?

I am NOT soliciting donations or money or anything. I just need advice, and some ideas, because I'm really frustrated!!!



I'm in a rut and I feel like I'm powerless to escape it and I would like to know a good solution because I'm at the end of my rope.



I graduated from college years ago and had a series of crappy jobs, and struggled even more than when I was an undergrad. I got sick and tired of crappy jobs and decided I wanted to change my life and wanted a decent career, so I decided I wanted to teach English abroad. I earned a Tefl certificate, but now I have to save up a substantial amount of money. You need to have a substantial amount of money if you're going to move to a new country and start a new life, but here's the problem. I'm stranded in the States until I can save up enough money to move to another country and get the EFL job I always wanted. And I don't have any way to do it because I don't have a dependable car. You have to have money to get a car,and you have to have a car to get to a job and earn money.



I have a truck, and it's a piece of crap. It breaks down on me every two weeks... this year alone, I've already invested hundreds of dollars in it, which is probably more than the truck is worth. I have a part time job, I don't hate it but it's not gonna be my career, and it doesn't pay much at all, and it's impossible for me to save money because I spend almost everything I earn on the piece of crap truck. A vehicle is supposed to make your life easier, but it's a burden to me. I might as well just sit at home! Or just flush my money down the toilet!! I worked so hard to earn a little bit of money and it all gets wasted on that piece of crap truck.



I don't have 5,000 for a decent car and I don't qualify for a loan because my job is just a part-time temp job. I'm so sick of being in a rut. I'm so sick of feeling like I'm powerless to change my life. I think there's another life after this one but I know for a fact that you only get one chance to live on this earth and I'm sick of watching it pass me by and don't know how to get out of this rut.



If I get a teaching job abroad, I won't need a car, but I need one now because in my town, everyone is completely dependent upon a car to get around. It frustrates the hell out of me; I have lived abroad before and it was so nice not to have to depend on a car. If I wanted to go somewhere, I just walked, or just got on a bus and went. Where I live now, if your car breaks down, you're screwed. Everyone is just in their own little world and no one seems to care about anyone else's problems.



I would really be grateful for some ideas!!!In a rut, would like to escape, but money is standing in the way?Start by updating or getting a resume together. As a college grad you have a mountain of experience/knowledge from your courses. Many college grads fail to look at the courses taken as potential experience for a job. Not to mention you have computer skills. The other thing are you applying for teaching positions or the school board in your area. Open your mind to other careers related and not related to your major. People who focus on one career area usually feel stuck, branch out.



http://www.rockportinstitute.com/resumes